Monday 21 January 2013

Pictures

Finally!  Some of the pictures I've taken.  I must be honest, I'm not overly impressed with my pictures.  I usually take at least a day to take photos and I like to take detailed texture shots and such, but no time with a two year old for such pictures.  Most of our pictures this trip were about family and friends and thus will never make it to this blog.

In Salem
Residential streets of Salem
Salem houses

one of the many construction sites in Salem

Roof tops of houses in Salem


example of a thatch/leaf roof

goats!

running off before Hubs eats them in Byriani
My mom loved how they used their heads to carry stuff

shrine

working amongst the coffee plants

View from Yercaud (Hill station near Salem)

More views from Yercaud


Yercaud view
Yercaud view
traffic jam


Part of what I call the "honesty" of the country


view from the highway when traveling to Chennai


part of the traffic while traveling to Chennai

When a building was in the way of expanding the highway they just tear down the offending rooms

another view of a house ripped in half to make room for the highway

Interesting tree in Chennai.  The branches would put off these shoots to the ground to add roots as it expanded.

No comments:

Post a Comment