Wednesday 12 December 2012

Commuters diarrhea

Now that I have a toddler and live in the suburbs, I typically work from home.  About once or twice a month I have to drive into the city for meetings.  Well it just so happened that the day I was to take my first installment of travelers diarrhea prevention medication, I also had to drive into the city. 

Not really a big deal, I just had to get up a little early so I could down my dose then sit with Poohpers and Hubs as we over-enthusiastically said MmmmMMMmm after every micro sip she took till she was all done.  It even tasted better than I though it would.  Easy peasy right?

Wrong.

About a third of the way through my 1 -1/2 hour commute I started to feel a little rumble.  It was just a little, slightly uncomfortable rumble, but my brain went on high alert.  I figured it was best to just keep driving, and take the gamble that I would make it to work okay. 

I tried not to think about it too much as I started to sweat.  Speeding down the freeway all I could do was to be hyper aware of the up coming exits and which ones had easily accessible bathrooms.

The closer I got to work, the more the rumble grew, the more I started to worry.  Was the point of this medication just to clean out your entire body so that there was nothing left to create travelers diarrhea?  Was I to be an empty shell for the next two weeks?  And how soon could I achieve this now desirable emptyness?

Well, finally I made it to work, and fortunately for me (unfortunately for my sadistic readers) I made it to the bathroom without running, and I fared better than the imaginary scenarios in my head.  AND the added bonus was that little Poohpers who took the same medication, and is still in diapers, was at home with Daddy, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment