Monday 24 December 2012

3...2...1...

So it's the night before take off and all through the house
I'm scurrying to pack all our stuff, with a huff and a puff. 
Hubs is napping on the couch without a care in the world...

This picture is the "to pack" pile without everything we are still using like toiletries, lovies (blankies and stuffies), my own pillow (my lovie), and of course the potty that we are still employing.  (Note to self: wash potty really well, then pack it in the suitcase without my stuff).  Today was the do everything we haven't done/thought of yet while we have a couple of hours of daycare left.

My dad has made sure to remind me 20 times to not be late.  We have a plan in place, we meet at my Aunt's to leave our car, then my dad will drop us off at the terminal and he will go park the car at park and fly then meet us back at the airport to check in.  He's definitely not running on IST (Indian Standard Time, 2-5 hours late) and likes to not only make sure we arrive 3hrs ahead of take off, but to factor in time for everything to go wrong.  Our flight is at 5:30pm, so if everything goes perfect and we don't need the extra time we will be at the airport ready to check in at 1:30pm.  Did I mention that we are taking our two year old and nap time is 12:30 - 2:30?

Hmmm, maybe now is a good time to write a disclaimer for my possible future actions....

Instead I tell you this little story my sister (Sally's mom) told me.  Her kids (ahem, husband) were complaining about having to visit my parents before they left for India.  To get them to go my sister said "What if Grandma and Grandpa's plane crashes and they die a horrible death, you'll never see them again!"  Then she looked over and saw the sickened looked on Sally's face...

Well, Happy Holidays to all, which us luck on the journey and if I die in a horrible plane crash tell my friend, family and book club that I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment